Thursday, February 16, 2012

Heirloom Seeds



This year I am trying a few Heirloom seeds. My friend Paula has been sharing her ideas and experience with heirloom seeds with me as well. I am a beginner at this but one thing I learned is that Heirloom means a seed that has been around 25 years or more. They are suppose to be more hardy then the short lived seeds. The main thing is not to buy seeds that have hybrid on them, they will not produce seeds of their own. Here are a few bags of seeds that say heirloom to show what to look for.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is finally letting me leave comments! WOO HOO - your heirlom seeds look great. Have you been able to plant any yet? Thanks for sharing - love all your ideas. Paula from Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to do a blog hop this week - here is the link for Blommin Tuesday http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com/ I know others would love to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete